Weekly Maintenance Policies & Procedures
2016 Weekly Maintenance Policy, Procedures & Prices
These Policies & Procedures are in effort to provide clarity to Wet Pools, its Valued Customers and its Pool Techs. Although we do not require a signed contract or agreement from our weekly maintenance customers, by requesting/continuing maintenance from Wet Pools you are agreeing to the following Policies & Procedures:
- Brush tile line and walls of swimming pool/spa
- Empty skimmer baskets and pump baskets
- Backwash DE Filter on an “as needed” basis (if applicable)
- Cartridge Filter pressure will be monitored and reported on yellow door hanger when a filter clean is needed (if applicable)
- Vacuum the swimming pool/spa
- Remove any large debris (rocks, foreign objects, children’s toys, etc.)
- Skim surface of pool and remove debris that did not get trapped by the skimmer
Chemicals checked & balanced
- Total Alkalinity
- Additional testing will be done on an as needed basis
- Chemicals such as Shock, Acid, Chlorine Tabs, and Stabilizer are added as needed to balance pool chemistry
- (For Salt Water Pools ONLY) Salt levels will be tested and salt will be added as needed (On occasion it may be necessary for shock and/or chlorine to be added to salt water pools)
Notification & Communication
- A yellow door hanger will be left on the backdoor or in that general vicinity as your notification that your pool tech was there to clean your pool. Please note that the pool tech* will leave important notes for you if any further maintenance is needed.
- Please call the office at 281-395-1995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to report any problems or to request equipment repairs so that a work order can be written up and placed on the Service Schedule for a Service Tech** to perform and the fees involved are NOT included in your weekly maintenance
*Pool Tech = A person who cleans your pool on a weekly basis
**Service Tech = A person who makes repairs and/or performs special maintenance
Rain and Lightning Policy
- When lightning is in close proximity, for the safety of your pool techs, there will not be any use of a pole therefore your pool will not be skimmed, brushed or vacuumed. However, the tech will check and balance water chemistry, empty the skimmer baskets and pump baskets. “Rain Service” will be noted on the yellow door hanger.
- When it is raining, Wet Pools requires the pool techs to wait a minimum of 15 minutes to see if the rain lets up or stops altogether. The pool will be cleaned to the best of their ability under these conditions. “Rain Service” will be noted on the yellow door hanger.
IMPORTANT– The pool tech will not return to perform any missed duties under “Rain Service” until your next regularly scheduled clean the following week and no credit or discount will be given for duties unable to be performed under our “Rain Service” policy.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to leave access gate(s) unlocked and the backyard accessible for the entire scheduled day. If the pool tech does not have access for any reason, he will knock on the door to see if anyone is home. If no answer, we will call the phone number we have on file. If access is still not available at that time then the Pool Tech will note, “No Access” on a yellow door hanger to be left on the front door. The pool tech will not return to clean the pool until the following week and no credit will be given.
- The customer has the option to provide Wet Pools a gate key or code to be noted on the customer’s account. It is the customer’s responsibility to notify Wet Pools of any changes to accessibility in advance of their scheduled cleaning day.
Notification to Wet Pools, Inc. in advance of vacation would be helpful if access is not available.
- Thanksgiving Week: Wet Pools will be closed the entire week of thanksgiving. Your pool will not be serviced this week.
- Christmas Week/New Years: Your pool will be cleaned either the week of Christmas OR the week of New Years, not both. Exact Schedule TBD.
Note: We intentionally do not charge our customers extra when there are 5 weeks in a month in order to provide fair pricing in the event that bad weather prevents services from being rendered or rendered in full and for our employees to enjoy time off with their families during the holidays. This occurs on the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas OR New Years.
Automatic Payment Policy:
All customers with email addresses will get their invoices electronically unless otherwise requested.
- Your Card on file will be charged at the beginning of each month for that month’s service.
- All Filter Cleans are Automatically billed to the card on file unless otherwise specified by the customer
- All service items under $35 will automatically be approved and billed to the card on file unless otherwise specified by the customer in writing. This includes but is not limited to: Polaris Parts, Polaris Bags, Pump baskets, Skimmer Baskets, and O-Rings. All service items that are necessary to help weekly maintenance run smoothly.
- All service items over $35 that were approved by the customer will be charged to the card on file after the work is completed.
At any time that a customer’s account becomes more than 30 days past due your service may be suspended without notice. Once suspended, you may be added back to the schedule once payment in full has been received, however, reinstatement may require the following:
- Subject to schedule availability. There are no guarantees that we will still have an opening on the same day or at all.
- Advance Payment and/or Automatic Credit Card Billing may be required
- If more than a week passes without service, a One Time Clean will be required at the cost of $95.00/hour plus chemicals.